Hinged Flyscreen Door Kit Instructions
Flyscreen Door Kit - Assembly & Fitting Instructions
Screen components are...
Mid Bar 1011.x
Minimum overlaps shown below, give W and H of door screen.
Shaded area shows door flat frame area - a minimum of 30mm all round.
2.5 & 3mm Drill Bits
Pusher - (Flydor tool)
1. Screen components shown below.
2. Square cut profiles to lengths shown. Ideally use a mitre box for accuracy.
3. Corners should push fit. You will need a rubber mallet to tap home. The spline groove must be on the inside of the frame
4. Fit corners and T pieces as shown below to begin construction of screen frame.
5. Complete screen frame, including mid bar.
6. Meshing. Lay the mesh over the frame. Allow enough mesh to overlap by at least 20mm and trim as shown.
7. Use the concave pusher tool to press spline into the groove. To secure the mesh, first insert the spline at top and bottom of area, then at sides. Do not stretch the spline.
8. Trim spline to length.
9. Trim mesh neatly to spline with knife as below
Avoid cutting mesh at this point
10. Cut the kickplate to width. This will be W - 4mm. To fit the kickplate, place in position, centre punch and pre drill with a 3mm drill as shown...
...then secure to the screen door with screws.
11. Fit the hinges. These are in two main parts plus a pin. Placement is shown on completed door photo (14). Assemble...
...then fix to the screen door and mark the position of the securing screws on the door frame as below
Centre punch and drill with 3mm drill bit. Secure using screws. Hinge halves shown installed below.
12. Fit handles. Centre punch, drill with a 2.5mm drill and use screws to fit.
13. Fitting magnetic catches. The body of the magnetic catch fits as shown below, on the edge of the screen door.
Hang the door and close onto the frame. With the catch in place mark the screw positions as shown.
Punch and pre drill door, then fix with screws, secure the plate with countersunk screws to the frame.
14. The completed flyscreen with all components is pictured below.